Those who knew me prior to starting my digital marketing career will know that I earned my MBA and MA in Applied Women’s Studies at Claremont Graduate University (CGU). Tomorrow I head back to CGU to celebrate the Applied Women’s Studies (AWS)’s 15th anniversary! I’ll be on a panel about how AWS has helped form my career after graduation, and I am in some super company. On the panel with me are Tara Robinson, CDO of Mission Asset Fund and Editor of Golden Gate Mothers Magazine, Class of 2006, and Meredith Anderson, Founder & CEO of Meredith and Company, Class of 2013.
See the full schedule and details here!
10:15 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.
Panel 1: Politics and Policy and Activism
- Pamela O’Leary ’08, Director of Sponsor Development, UPWARD
- Susan Graham ’01, Vice President of American Mothers, California
- John Erickson ’11, Community Events Technician, West Hollywood; PhD Candidate, American Religious History
- Porter Gilberg ‘09, Executive Director, The LGBTQ Center Long Beach
Moderator – Professor Dionne Bensonsmith, WGS Adjunct Faculty
11:30 p.m. – 12:45 p.m.
Panel 2: The worlds of education
- Nana Osei-Kofi ‘03, PhD, Associate Professor and Director of Difference, Power, and Discrimination Program, Oregon State University
- Jodi Davis-Pacheco ‘07, PhD, Full-Time Lecturer, Women and Gender Studies Program, California State University, Fullerton
- Jenell Navarro’08, PhD, Assistant Professor of Ethnic Studies, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
- Caeli Waldron’15, Coordinator of Girls Learn International, Feminist Majority Foundation
- Shira Brown ‘05, Director, Women’s Research and Resource Center and Lecturer, Gender and Women’s Studies Department at California State University, Northridge
Moderator – Professor Candida F. Jaquez, Scripps College and WGS faculty
2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Panel 3: The Non-Profit and For-Profit Experience
- Christina Lam ‘08, Digital Marketing Consultant, Cup of Joe Social
- Meredith Anderson’13, CEO, Meredith & Co.
- Tara Chaffee Robinson ‘06, Chief Development Officer, Mission Asset Fund and Editor-in-Chief, Golden Gate Mothers Magazine
Moderator – Professor Jean Lipman-Blumen of the Drucker School, Claremont Graduate University
3:15 p.m. – 4:15 p.m.
Panel 4: Health, Motherhood, and Religion
- Jennifer Lee Hawthorn-Mayes ‘09, MA IBCLC, Director of Programs and Co-Founder, Daisy C.H.A.I.N (Creating Healthy Alliances In New-Mothering)
- Mercy Ajuonu ’15, PhD Candidate in Community and Global Health, CGU
- Mariam Youssef ‘15, PhD Candidate in Religion at CGU and faculty in Gender Studies, Cerritos College
- Andaye Hill ‘14, Project Director of Community Services, Glendale Healthier Community Coalition
Moderator – Professor Sallama Shaker, Politics and Policy, Religion and Applied Women’s Studies, Claremont Graduate University
The conference will close with remarks from Director Linda Perkins, followed by a networking reception at the CGU President’s House.